Dia De Los Muerto Alter- This is usually my presentation table, however to give my students the full experience I set it up as an alter to honor our loved ones.
This is my informational table, consisting of fun worksheets, crossword puzzles, and coloring sugar skulls print outs. (This is usually my game table where students come to play “Art Bingo” or “Art Dice” -shown on the table)
Here we have “Pan de los Muertos” which is the traditional bread of the dead that is made for the Alter, we frosted ours and decorated them with sugar skulls. Mmm mmm good!
Here my students learned the history and process of screen printing and designed and made their own T-shirts for our Anti Bully Campaign. They loved the process and enjoyed making T-shirts for the entire school. My students ROCK!
- Students will know the Art history of a self-portrait.
- Students will understand the difference between a self-portrait and a “Selfie”.
- Students will learn techniques using multi media.
- Students will draw themselves in an IPhone template as if they had taken the picture.
- Students will choose the angle of their “Selfie” in the phone.
- Students will color and personalize their “Selfie” and their phone.